"What is she gonna talk about now?"

Basically, I've always been the "fat friend", the "fat cousin", the "fat ____" you fill in the blank. Started gaining when I was young, around 8 or 9 years old. From then on I just kept getting bigger and bigger. I can diet and lose weight, but I can't keep it off by myself. I did this surgery to feel better. To be healthier. To give myself a chance to live longer. I want to know what it feels like to walk the mall without breathing hard and feeling like I'm gonna keel over! I want to ride bikes with my family. I'm going to be successful this time.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Update

Guess it's time to update.

I hit a stall a couple weeks ago and finally broke it today when I dropped to 271. Aahhhh....feels good. I expect the stalls because they are a normal part of the journey but it doesn't make them any less frustrating. Oh well, I'm thankful for this surgery and quickly get over the frustration.

Pouchy is still trying to heal from the ulcer. I'm still having pain so the gastro increased my PPI and had me do a H. Pylori blood test yesterday. Haven't gotten the results yet and am anxious to get them back. 

I've lost more inches because I can now fit into a size 24! That's huge. I started out in a 30/32 so getting to a 24 in 4 months just amazes me. Thank goodness for Goodwill! 

I have been crocheting and working on Christmas shopping. It's one of my favorite times of year, but I have been stressing over all the "goodie opportunities" that are starting to crop up. Halloween came and went with no temptation to eat candy so that's a plus. But I'm now fighting off a little sadness/anxiety over not being able to partake in the usual holiday food explosion. The crocheting and shopping help a little. I'm currently trying to figure out a WLS friendly Thanksgiving menu that the whole family will eat. 

We are sending youngest (20 yr old) son back to the Midwest on 12/7 so he can spend Christmas with the grandparents. He will be there until February. I already miss him! This will be my first Christmas without him and I'm not feeling too happy about that. But what makes up for it is that my parents WILL have him....they are usually alone on Christmas so there is no way I can complain. 

I've had some wonderful coworkers who have given me scrubs they can no longer wear and I could not be more grateful. When I wear clothes that actually fit and are not too baggy from shrinking out of them I get a lot of compliments on how I look. I had one patient who got a little TOO complimentary and actually creeped me out. Ha! I'm still working on how to take the compliments gracefully. Not use to it! 
 

No comments: