"What is she gonna talk about now?"

Basically, I've always been the "fat friend", the "fat cousin", the "fat ____" you fill in the blank. Started gaining when I was young, around 8 or 9 years old. From then on I just kept getting bigger and bigger. I can diet and lose weight, but I can't keep it off by myself. I did this surgery to feel better. To be healthier. To give myself a chance to live longer. I want to know what it feels like to walk the mall without breathing hard and feeling like I'm gonna keel over! I want to ride bikes with my family. I'm going to be successful this time.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Two Weeks Post Op

Today was my first post op appointment with my surgeon and I must say it went very well. I am down 14lbs from my surgery weight of 331. Actually, I gained 9lbs while in the hospital from the fluids and gas so I lost that, too! My incisions are healing well, all for one that looks a little angry at the moment. Dr. said it's not infected yet so I'm going to keep some antibiotic ointment on it for awhile. She cleared me for the gym, just treadmill and elliptical....no weightlifting yet. Also, no pool for another 2 weeks. I was hoping to go swimming this week but that will just have to wait. She is a little concerned about my loose stools and diarrhea so I have to do a stool sample to check on it. She said it's probably just my "innards" adjusting, plus all the liquids I've been on, but we'll check to be safe. I was also cleared for Stage III of the diet --- Soft foods! Yahoooo! I'm ready to chew. lol
I'm  happy so far with my RNY. I know there are going to be challenges coming, especially with actually eating real food again, but I'm ready to deal with it. I feel good about this and am so glad I had this surgery. I'm off insulin, off one of my BP meds, and off a migraine med. My metformin is cut in half. I just can't believe it. Feeling really good right now!

No comments: