"What is she gonna talk about now?"

Basically, I've always been the "fat friend", the "fat cousin", the "fat ____" you fill in the blank. Started gaining when I was young, around 8 or 9 years old. From then on I just kept getting bigger and bigger. I can diet and lose weight, but I can't keep it off by myself. I did this surgery to feel better. To be healthier. To give myself a chance to live longer. I want to know what it feels like to walk the mall without breathing hard and feeling like I'm gonna keel over! I want to ride bikes with my family. I'm going to be successful this time.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Up From Under What??

Up from under the layers of fat that have been drowning me for 30 plus years, that's what. I had bariatric surgery on 7/10/13 and am finally coming up out of the darkness that has plagued me and my self esteem since I can remember. I will journal my experiences here and hopefully pass along some useful information for others who are looking into bariatric surgery as a tool to getting their health and life back.  Let's see where this is going to take me... 

No comments: